Learn about the harmful effects obesity has on your body and your health.
Download this Guide to Learn More.
Obesity is a Chronic Disease
Obesity is quickly becoming the largest health epidemic in the United States. As the number of obese individuals rises, so does the number of individuals diagnosed with serious diseases. Physicians are now beginning to recognize this problem as a disease that needs treatment like any other medical condition. Treating obesity can add more than 10 years of life expectancy, and at the same time treat all of the weight-related comorbidities that usually follow. Therefore, it is critical to recognize obesity as a chronic disease and to understand what weight gain is doing to your body.
Whats Included in this Guide
- The disease of obesity negatively impacts, whether directly or indirectly, every part of the body. When a patient carries extra weight, they are at an increased risk of a heart attack, stroke, cancer, and in some cases, death. In this ebook, you will learn:
- » The diseases that can develop when carrying excess weight
- » How to recognize warning signs of these specific diseases
- » What you can do to prevent or diminish the effects of each disease
When to be Concerned About Your Weight
- If your BMI is greater than 35 with a few serious diseases, or if your BMI is greater than 40 with no serious medical conditions, then you should begin considering your weight loss options.
- If you begin developing elevated levels of cholesterol or other warning signs of obesity, we recommend you consult your primary care physician to seek treatment for your weight.
- When you begin feeling like going through everyday activities has become a chore, you may want to see your doctor and learn how your weight is affecting your quality of life.